Must be proficient in the application of computer scheduling packages such as Primavera Systems, Open Plan and SureTrak. The Senior Planner/Scheduler reports to the client Project Manager and advises the GC Construction Manager. Reviews and maintains the project schedule. Advises the Project Manager and Construction Manager when schedule slippages and float occurs on the project. May guide or direct the activities of specific personnel on an intermittent basis as directed by a program or department manager. Experienced in the development and monitoring of critical path method schedules on large hospital and renovation type projects. Performs his/her responsibilities both in the field and in the home office and interfaces with the Contractors with respect to schedule compliance.
- Develop, review, analyze and optimize production schedules for the construction of hospital facilities.
- Must be an expert in Primavera P6 and know how a hospital is constructed.
- Must be able to identify out of work sequence and review GC recovery schedule.
- Develop an integrated full CPM schedule that includes the A/E and GC's intended plan for construction, as well as owner items.
- Advise Owner if the construction sequencing proposed by the GC is a logical construction process.
- Monitor and Update the OPS through completion of design development and up to project funding (Feb-Mar 2012).
- Provide project scheduling oversight services from NTP through project completion.
- Assist in managing:
- Analyze GC monthly draw request for % complete based on GC payment application and submitted payment request and advise the Owner to its completeness and validity. (i.e., does the dollar amount being requested by the GC and the % complete shown on the schedule match. If not, what % is actually complete)
- Advise the Owner about the validity of the baseline schedule
- Report milestones and project end dates to the Owner
- Be able to read the Owner / GC contract for main schedule impacts (milestones, first patient, project end dates, FFE start install dates, Fixed Imaging, Material Management, etc.)
- Overall change order process
- Ability to perform a quantity takeoff and cost estimate and advise Owner of the cost and/or schedule impact
- Be able to provide a written report of cost/schedule impacts
- Claims/delay analysis and dispute resolution
- Assist Client with providing a complete analysis including cost and/or schedule impact to the project
- Provide schedule narrative reports stating changes made from month to month
- Determine how schedule delay claims impact the construction schedule
- Conduct status reporting, assist in closeout and perform document filing.
Years of Experience:
15 -20 years in construction scheduling and Project Controls with hands-on experience using Primavera. Minimum of 8 years Healthcare construction experience.
PMP and PSP are preferred. PE, CCM, CCE, LEED AP are desirable.
Must be a local candidate. Luster will not pay relocation expenses
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or other technical field. Advanced degree in similar field is desirable.
To apply for this position please go to our online
Employment Application Form.