Senior Project Manager
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the pre-construction and procurement processes including Scheduling Bidding, Estimating, Contracting and Job Costing from project inception to closeout. Construction Project Manager must have an understanding of the Civil, Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical design issues.
The Construction Project Manager establishes and executes the processes include vendor prequalification selection, design and consultant management, soft cost management, bidding and estimating, budgeting, issuing and managing vendor contracts, submittals, purchase orders, change orders, invoicing, cost and schedule control, project management, job close out, small business requirements, tracking and reporting of subcontractor default insurance. The Construction Project Manager develops processes and procedures to ensure clear and timely evaluation and communication of job costs, budgets and schedules, and oversees a companywide estimating process for all construction projects ensuring accurate scopes of work and fair competitive bidding. The Construction Project Manager assures that all master agreements, contracts and change orders are in compliance with policies and in alignment with scopes and budgets. Construction Project Manager has significant knowledge of best practice construction processes for Dormitory, Hotel and Multi-Family construction methods and standards.
Hudson Valley and New York area
- Trade and Vendor Management
- Provide and maintain scheduling for trades and vendors (P6)
- Monitor Quality Control of materials and installations
Provide monthly Trade and Vendor evaluation to ensure compliance with schedules and adherence to policy and procedures.
- Ensure Trades are compliant with OSHA and EM 385-1-1 Standards
- Ensure Trades and Vendors are compliant with all pertinent regional or local building codes
- Resolve any Trade and Vendor disputes or issues
- Negotiate Trade Buy Outs
- Staff Management
- Manage and enable Team Members to perform their respective job tasks.
- Provide proper Training for the Construction Team.
- Aide Vice President in the recruitment and hiring of future Team Members.
- Assist in the year-end review process of subordinates.
- Assist in setting up Veteran work programs
- Internal Relations
- Work effectively with all Team Members
- Work closely with and in accordance with the Luster Production Office and Team.
- Communicate and document accordingly.
- External Relations
- Work effectively with Trades and Vendors
- Work effectively with all Government and Military Officials
- Maintain relations with Architects and Engineers as necessary
- Constantly promote Luster positively and professionally
- Purchasing and Ordering
- Constantly communicate order update information and requests to the Production Office Purchasing Coordinator
- Manage the ordering process to ensure all required orders are executed in accordance with the construction schedule
- Assist the Purchasing Coordinator with material or buy out
- Finance and payment approval
- Understand budgetary concerns and assist in the maintenance of all budgets
- Pre-approve all Trade and Vendor invoices prior to sending to Accounting Department for payment
- General Expectations and Requirements
- Maintain high level computer skills and continuously seek improving those skills
- Continuously seek career development by identifying areas of self-improvement and working to attain Professional growth
- Work punctuality and attendance
- 15 years of senior level project management experience
- Experience in the construction of 3-5 major hotel and dormitory construction @ $100m+ per project construction value.
- PMP and P6 Primavera certified
Years of Experience:
15+ years dormitory or hotel construction experience. The SPM must have at least three previous dormitory/hotel projects @ $100M+ per project construction value.
PMP and PSP are preferred. PE, CCM, CCE, LEED AP are desirable
Must be a local candidate. Luster will not pay relocation expenses
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or other technical field. Advanced degree in similar field is desirable.
To apply for this position please go to our online
Employment Application Form.